My Cardio 4 Life

CardioForLife - Arginine

Monday, September 5, 2011

Settling in...

Saturday was the first day of the long Labor Day weekend - a weekend we normally would have been pulling the 5th wheel up the river to get in one last camping trip before the season ended.  Seemed a bit strange to wake up already in the camper and the campground! Why fight the traffic when we are already at a  campground?!  So here we are and here we enjoyed the weekend.

We walked the dog around the grounds, visited with folks from all around the state and the nation, enjoyed a camp hosted "Ice Cream Social" and went swimming!  Sounds like a vacation get away to me.  Now that it is Monday evening everyone is moving on and we get to stay.  :)

Saturday I cleaned and organized and rearranged the 'stuff' that we had yet to find places for and amazingly it all fits!  Even got my slow cooker tucked away and the DVD hooked up.  Experienced my first hour at the coin-op laundry - I thought I new how to do laundry but putting coins in a larger that large machine will take some resorting practices that I have yet to learn! 

We had the trailer washed and waxed this weekend - a different sort of home maintenance - and have ordered the porch/deck and the skirting.  Talked to the park manager and he will set us up with a bigger propane tank and redirect the sprinkler heads before the skirting is attached.  We are definitely getting settled in!  


Now I'm sitting at my desk ready to balance the checkbook and pay the bills - minus a large house payment, garbage payment, gas bill and electrical bill! And I have noticed our grocery bill has gone down... not because we are eating less but because I can't impulse shop any more ... no room for large size bottles, two for one or the 'just because it was on sale' items!  I do think we may see a bigger balance in the checkbook!  Our new rule - if you buy something new, something old has to go!  It is amazing how much you pick up at the store that you don't really need - even an extra bar of bath soap becomes a huge deal when space is limited.  And keeping a good shopping list is critical - no more off the top of my head shopping :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment